Clerks at 11 other locations visited during the operation made proper identification checks. Officials said they refused to sell alcohol illegally. Independence Police expect to file additional charges within the week against two South Carolina men who are accused of the kidnapping, rape and sodomizing of two teen girls last month. Joey L. Beebe and James R. Bush II, both 20, were charged with sodomy and kidnapping on Aug. 6 after a 14-year-old girl said they abducted her from the Grant County Fair and took her to a home on Taylor Mill Road in Independence, where they assaulted her. Beebe also was charged with rape.
The new charges stem from the accusation by the second girl — a 15-year-old from Independence who contacted police the following week and told them she had been assaulted after meeting them at the Kenton County Fair. The property valuation process gathering much more information as well as in-depth understanding of finance, industry, and specific business. Both attacks were at the same house on Taylor Mill Road, said Independence Police Lt. Brian Butler.
Butler said there is no indication that the houses owner had anything to do with the attacks or even knew of them. The owner has been out of the state and had told the men they could stay at his house while they worked construction jobs in Northern Kentucky. He said the attacks happened on separate nights. Butler said the police have waited to file the second set of charges because the men are secure in the Kenton County Detention Center. Theyre not going anywhere, so theres no issue of time, he said.
We need to get additional search warrants for their persons. We expect to file charges soon. It could be by the end of this week. Butler said no additional people have come forward with accusations and there is no indication that there were any other similar attacks. Anyone with information on the cases should call the Independence Police.
The coming of cooler fall temperatures and kids using less water now that summer vacations are over are allowing the Boone County Water District to end a voluntary water restriction as of Sept. 1, and return to normal operations. The district issued a Level 1 alert in July, saying dry weather and escalating demand was preventing it from replenishing its tanks overnight. Kids are back in school so now you have a little bit less water usage because theres a controlled environment because theyre in school rather than being at home all day laying in the pool, said Phil Trzop, general manager of the water district.